9 Date Ideas for Valentine’s Day You Literally Won’t Find Anywhere Else
It’s almost Valentine’s Day and you know what that means! Time to put together the perfect date idea for your significant other, so that they can post about it on Instagram and make sure everyone else is properly jealous.
You might be thinking of going with something classic, like a nice dinner at their favorite restaurant or taking them to a show they’ve been wanting to see.
But you and I both know that’s just not going to cut it. Luckily, these nine date ideas that you won’t find anywhere else will leave your partner surprised, confused, and saying, “What the hell actually just happened?”
- Take your partner to the doctor. Specifically tell the doctor to check up on that rash, and also that your partner hasn’t had a tetanus shot in a while.
- Organize each others sock drawers alphabetically by color.
- Take turns reading The Fountainhead out loud to each other.
- Contemplate the inevitable demise of all those you care about, including each other.
- Go see a therapist together to address the ensuing existential crisis.
- Finally tell them exactly what you think of their mother. In the form of an interpretive dance.
- Have each person write down a list of their hopes and dreams for the future. Then switch lists and explain in detail to the other person why their dreams are terrible and will never work out.
- Buy a tarantula from Petco, set it loose in your partner’s home and then make them look for it.
- Watch all three Lord of the Rings movies in the extended edition, pausing every five minutes to point out discrepancies between the books and movies.
There you have it — nine date ideas sure to create a Valentine’s Day that is, well, something, at least.
Grace Carlson is a writer from Washington. She writes about travel, mental health, writing, and books. Sometimes she’s funny, or at least that’s what her mom says. Follow her on twitter @gracieawriter